Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Using my brain again

I started school officially this week. After reading through the syllabus on Sunday, I gave myself a little cry fest, convinced myself and Nick that I was going to quit and then sat down and did some of the work. It will be difficult to get myself in the homework groove again. So far, I have all my assignments done for this week (hardly anything) but I have had multiple brief panic attacks thinking I forgot something (doubly stupid since nothing is due until Friday). Getting the work done is scary enough, but I am worried about my ability to even be smart. School was so easy for me, but I have not written anything besides blog posts and grocery lists in six months and frequently when I am speaking I forget easy words and when I open my mouth nothing comes out (I guess that is the benefit of it being online, I can think about what I say AND have a thesaurus handy. Although I don't think a thesaurus can translate "you know...that thing" ). Oh well, I just have to pass the class I don't have to get an "A."

1 comment:

Our great adventure said...

I meant to ask you how that was going! Hang in there- yuck I feel for ya!!