Wednesday, January 20, 2010

my day thus far

Elie (still in bed having just woken up): DAAAAADDDDDYYYYY (continuous yelling since I am attempting to wake up myself)
Enter me drowsy and exhausted: Good morning Elie
Elie: NOOOO I want Daddy not you (breakdown)
a minute elapses while I get her calmed down i.e. I leave the room
Me: what would you like for breakfast?
Elie: (breakdown) I DON'T WANT BREAKFAST I WANT LUNCH
Me: Alright, what would you like for lunch?
Elie: (breakdown) I DON'T WANT LUNCH I WANT TO GO POTTY FIRST
Me: Alright go potty
Elie (breakdown) I DON'T WANT TO GO POTTY I JUST WANT TO WATCH A MOVIE
Me: walk away with Elie still sobbing on the floor
end scene.

Just a glimpse at five minutes of my morning. Multiply that by the last two days and subtract sleep and you would see about where I am. Luckily, I don't have the cold Elie does and neither does Lainey. I am convinced that if God had really wanted to test Job he would have sleep deprived him, locked him in a small house with a sick, emotional three year old AND THEN made it rainy and cold outside. Oh, and had an infant strapped to his chest for most of the day.

4 comments:

Deanna said...

Wow. And it's not even noon. Nora has a nasty cold too. No sleep. No naps. No carefree laughter. No fun. She's blowing snot bubbles out of her cute little nose as I type. Nasty.

And another thing...
Why did I not know that you had a blog?!?! Literally I stumbled upon it this afternoon. However, I am officially subscribed now and loving all your anecdotes. Keep 'em coming!

Our great adventure said...

Amen sista! I'm livin this right with you!

The Guy and The Girl said...

I didnt realize you had a blog until you commented on mine! Sorry about the craaaaaazy week. I'm learning a LOT from all of you. I think i'll have my kids 5 years apart :)

Anonymous said...

Man, I had to laugh. Just because I feel like I have absolutely IDENTICAL days. From the second Betsy wakes up it's like I've already lost the battle...and continues all day. I feel ya sista.