Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Happy Birthday



My baby is turning three tomorrow. I can't believe three years have gone by since she was born. Where has all that time gone? Nick and I were watching movies of her from the last year and I can't believe how much she has changed, even in the last six months. For whatever reason, I am having a tough time with this birthday. We are rapidly entering into unfamiliar territory. I am comfortable with babies, toddlers and preschoolers. In two years she will be a kindergartner! That's less time than she has been alive. Before I know it she will be driving. I can't think about that yet though. I am also proud of myself. I have three years of motherhood under my belt. So far I haven't screwed up too bad...

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Happy Birthday Elie!! And congratulations Jessye and Nick on not only surviving 3 years yourself but helping Elie THRIVE and become the amazingly smart and fun girl that she is! Miss you all!

Our great adventure said...

Happy Birthday Elie! and good job momma you're doing great!