Thursday, February 11, 2010

3 years, 3 parties, 3 cakes!!!

I have really been embracing my inner Martha these days. I have always wanted to create things, but never thought of myself as artistic. Lately I have been blog stalking like crazy and realized that baking, sewing, and crafting are all my forms of creative outlet and I love it. Too bad I am trying to get of all this baby weight!

On Saturday, we had our "family" birthday party and Elie requested an ice cream cake (my family birthday tradition). ps. I also sewed that crown!



On Wednesday, her actual birthday, she wanted a blackberry, raspberry, blueberry pie. Luckily, my grandma taught me how to make a pie last Thanksgiving. So, I brought out my 1950's Betty Crocker cookbook and hand rolled pie dough for my first solo pie! It was delicious! (if I do say so myself.)


Yum! Pie and ice cream!



Tomorrow is Elie's "friend" party. I made her cupcakes in ice cream cones!!! I think they are adorable and I am soooo excited about them. I even did some improvising.

1 comment:

Avery said...

I saw cupcakes in cones in a cupcake book I was looking at the other day and thought it was such a cute idea. Nice job making them look delicious!