Friday, February 19, 2010

Rocketman

The other night Elie was all dressed up in her Cinderella dress, crown, heels and sceptor. She had been waiting all night for Nick to get home so he could be her prince and dance with her. She asked him to pick her up and showed him how to put one hand in hers and how to keep it up in the air. They danced that way for a little while and then she said "daddy when I am big, you won't have to hold me up anymore. We can just dance." I'll admit I shed a few tears. Thinking about her being that big and how much she loves Nick... Dancing with dad in the family room already had a special place in my heart because of how often I used to do it as a kid. One of my favorite childhood memories were our dance parties, we would take turns being spun around by him in the living room and singing to Elton John, America, Phil Collins, Chicago. There are so many songs that I hear and can vividly see him singing them. I wonder what songs my kids will think of as the soundtrack of their childhood? The family room dance parties are definitely a tradition I want to pass on. And thanks dad for being wonderful.

No comments: