Tuesday, March 2, 2010

complaining

So the last few days Lainey and I have been suffering from a cold. Elie, miraculously seemed to be only afflicted with a cough. (That sucks by the way, to be sick, to have a sick baby and to still have to keep up with an energetic 3 year old). Last night, I was absolutely exhausted. Nick was out of town (he went up to portland to get a massage!) so Elie was in bed by 7:30 and Lainey and I were in bed by 8:30. It took me an HOUR to fall asleep. I was so frustrated. Then after an hour, Lainey woke up. She didn't fall back asleep for another hour and a half. 20 minutes after I feel asleep Elie woke up coughing so I put the humidifier in her room. Right after I fell asleep again she called me in because she was afraid of the animals in her room, and then again because of the smoke detector and then again because she had snot and then again because the door was shut all the way. FINALLY another hour of sleep and then Lainey again up for an hour and a half. Another two hours and Elie again because she woke up and decided she wanted to wear a sweater to bed(?) followed by another hour before Lainey was up for good. Long, long day followed by an even longer night. Needless to say I have very little patience today. My only consolation is that Nick's massage was deep tissue and he is sore today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH dear!! What a rough night, my goodness!!

haha, payback :) I like your style.

Kari Riley said...

I saw the clock every hour last night. Sick babies are no fun... sorry for infecting you.