Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Warning to friends and family



My dear, sweet, verbal, manipulative three year old has been doing some language/reaction experimentation lately. A new common thing is to say things like "I don't love him/her a lot, only a little bit" or she'll find a present someone gave her and try and give it back. Lucky for me, I have been called everything under the sun by angry kids (my favorite was "poopyhead baby stranger") so I can brush it off without taking it seriously and I encourage you to do the same (if you are lucky enough to have this directed to you). We have been talking a lot about kindness and feelings, but I also don't want to make a big deal about it because that just gives her power. Oh, age two, how we miss you.

1 comment:

Our great adventure said...

I am with you! Grace in the past week has changed! I'm scared! She is all of a sudden realizing her power- big time! We'll swap stories soon! Hang in here! I think our girls are gonna turn out just fine!