Wednesday, September 1, 2010

chaos

The theme of the last two weeks. Chaos. Absolute, utter, sleepless chaos. I feel like we hit the ground running and haven't hit the finish line yet. We started the moving process the Friday before last. When I say we started the process I mean we started. I was in denial and knew we had our place until the very end of September so I was in NO hurry to pack anything up. So we started packing and brought a load up friday afternoon. Saturday was spent making room at my parents house. Saturday night Lainey woke up in the middle of the night covered in throw up. She didn't stop throwing up until the same time the next night. 24 hours of a puking baby while attempting to move, pack and organize was not fun. Elie got sick a couple of days later. Oh, and a bookshelf fell on my head.

The job- I am constantly vacillating between fear, anxiety and peace. I have such a strong sense of rightness. My coteacher and I are getting along really well and have very similar teaching/personality styles. She actually grew up in Corvallis and went to CHS. I found out today that this year the district hired 5 teachers. Each position had over 50 applicants. I was chosen out of that.

My classroom will be almost the same as the preschool class I worked in before only with a 180 lb fourth grader who likes to be naked and has severe athletes foot. I have never had a student who outweighed me before. (this being where a lot of the fear lies). Also, the question of that test is still looming over my head.

I spent an impromtu 11 hours on Monday cleaning and emptying out the apartment so now we are officially out.

Lainey also took her first steps this weekend! She is really reluctant and prefers crawling though, so it might still be awhile.

anyway... that's where we are

No comments: