Friday, September 3, 2010

Culture Shock

I went to a park near our new house today, in Lake Oswego. When we got there I looked around at all the other moms and I felt something I haven't really felt since High School. I had that feeling like when you show up to a party that you thought was casual but it turned out to be formal. We were at the PARK. With our children and all these super skinny women are walking around in their skinny jeans and designer tops with hair and make up done and starbucks cup in hand. All the kids looked like they'd walked out of Gymboree catalogs. Elie stuck out like a sore thumb in her typical Elie ensamble. It made me really miss Corvallis.

1 comment:

-Meg- said...

I feel ya! This is why I always hate flying back into California. =P Hang in there and fight the urge to conform!! (Elie can show you how =)