Friday, April 27, 2012

Delia Jayne

My baby. When I was pregnant with Delia I prayed for an easy going baby who loved to sleep. I did not get that. She is seriously high maintenance and some days I feel like all I did in that day was try and get her to sleep. She just turned 8 months and is already so determined and stubborn. If she doesn't want to sleep, she will not. If she wants to nurse, she will scream for HOURS until she gets what she wants. She is also so attached to me. I did not do anything differently with her than I did with my other two, but for whatever reason, she is an INTENSE momma's girl. She will scream and scream if I leave the room, house, 3 inch vicinity. It makes things difficult for me and whoever is with her when I am not. We get paged every week at the nursery at church after about 15 minutes and I never get to work out. I get really great cuddles though. She is at the stage where she really wants to be mobile but she has a serious aversion to being on her stomach. So crawling is pretty much out of the question. She loves to grab my hands and walk around and she is getting good at cruising around the furniture. I am hoping she will get a little bit easier once she starts walking. Then she can follow me around and grab my legs instead of me having to carry her everywhere... oy vey. When I am around and holding her though she is a great, happy baby. She is always smiling at people and making them think she wants to be held by them. She is such a tease. It is pretty incredible to be loved so completely though. How can I not reciprocate?
Plus, she is stinking cute.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

"Plus, she is stinking cute."

That's a wee bit of an understatement if you ask me!