Friday, April 27, 2012

Lainey Kate

My Lainey is my goofy, crazy, easy going, happy kid. She makes me laugh every day. And she has THE greatest laugh. She has recently discovered her inner two year old and is embracing it fully. She asks me the same question over and over and over. Even if my answer is yes. If she doesn't get whatever she asked for IMMEDIATELY I get to hear about it indefinitely. Patience is definitely not something she is skilled at currently. She is also a mischievous little thing. I always know if there is silence she is in trouble. One of my favorite Lainey stories is one day I walked into the kitchen and saw her digging in the silverware drawer for a spoon. I told her to put it back and she slumped her shoulders, said "oh man" and put it back. She then walked to the table with the same dejected manner, screwed the lid back on the jar of Nutella and put it back in the cupboard. Apparently, I had walked into the kitchen just in time. I have also discovered her completely naked covered head to toe with jam. She knows exactly how to push Elie's buttons too and what used to be friendly play no frequently involves shouting matches. She calls Elie "Elie Fae" and "my sisssy" She has this particular way of tilting her head and opening her eyes really wide when she is trying to be insistent about something. Her answer to every "no" lately is "but I am two and a half now." Which she says with her two fingers held up and her head tilted. "No Lainey you can't have ice cream for breakfast." "But I am two and a half now." I love to tickle her. She is such a fun kid and I adore her. She is also my only sleeper. Although she is not ALWAYS happy...

1 comment:

Deanna said...

What a gorgeous squirt!