Friday, April 27, 2012

Eliahna Fae

Blogging just hasn't really been my thing lately but I felt a profusion of words today and needed an outlet. So... I am going to write do an update on my children. Eliahna turned 5 in February. She is an amazing kid. Her imagination is incredible and I hope she never stops finding "friends" (aka kindred spirits) everywhere she turns (real and imagined). She is so smart and surprises me with how she processes and thinks about things long after they've been mentioned. A few months ago, Nick and I decided to homeschool her next year. It was a serious roller coaster decision but I finally feel peace about it (most days). We enrolled her in Classical Conversations, a really neat program that she will attend once a week as a supplemental curriculum. There she will get the classroom setting for a few hours as well as other kids her age to interact with. A couple factors went into our decision and how much I agree with the philosophy and material that Classical Conversations has was one of my main reasons. I am SO excited for all that she will learn and all that I get to teach her (and all that I will learn as well.) We have sort of started doing a few subjects and she is doing very well. She can read some simple books independently and the more success she has the more enthusiastic she is to continue. I have learned so much about her in the last few months. About what motivates her, what scares her and how she learns. I am so excited to see the woman she will become. And terrified at the same time. She is a great big sister and loves to carry Delia around and boss Lainey. She is a great helper and can keep Delia busy long enough for me to get something done. I love her so much.
She loves to take self portraits of herself with my phone and text the picture to people.
She is rarely actually dressed in normal clothes. Still.
crazy girls.
She can entertain herself for hours. She came out of the playroom one day and had kept herself busy making a diorama and a whole wardrobe of kleenex clothes for her barbie.