Thursday, April 8, 2010

Life Update



Elie chose her and Lainey's outfits this day. She chose matching velvet purple dresses and red heart tights. Awesome Elie. At one point, they also had matching hats on. I swore I would never have my kids wear matching cutsie outfits...



Elie asked Nick to paint her finger and toenails. Luckily, he has four sisters and can tap into his feminine side. She was thrilled because he painted each nail a different color. I had to fight with her to get her to wash her hands for two days as a result.



We got home one day after being in Corvallis for four hours and I walked into the bathroom to find that Elie had left the sink on in the bathroom and put the plug down. Lucky for us, the sink has one of those drainers in the top and we don't pay for water. That girl is trouble.



Miss Lainey is five months old this week. She is kind of sorta sitting on her own for a few seconds at a time (as long as her hands are propping herself up).



Well, after my oh-so melodramatic post this week I feel a little silly. It is hard not to be melodramatic at three in the morning though so I don't feel too silly. It has been about two weeks since I had more than two hours of sleep at a time. For those two weeks, Lainey has had a miserable cold then a fever for a few days and the morning after melodrama night, she woke up with a rash all over her poor little body. Add all three together and you get a mild case of Roseola. She is feeling much better now and has not been nearly as whiny or grouchy. I still can't put her down though... I am hoping that she will start sleeping better here pretty soon. She had her first bites of cereal today too. She LOVED It! She was shoveling it in her mouth faster than I could get cereal on the spoon.

poor sweet little sick baby

No comments: