Monday, May 3, 2010

Age of Dampness

These days I always feel like I am slightly moist. At any given moment I am covered in drool, spit up, snot or a spill of some sort. Even my hair is in a perpetual state of dampness. My hair daily goes from shower to bun and dries completely in time to get it wet again. As disgusting as I feel so often throughout the day I can't help but feel a little nostalgic occasionally. These are the types of details I can imagine forgetting when the kids are older. I know it faded from Elie's babyhood memories. When I look back on this time "damp" is hopefully not going to be the first word that pops into my head. So here is my tribute. My Ode to the Age of Dampness... may you one day dry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a cool thing to remember for sure!!! I like how you write too :D

Our great adventure said...

I know it's gross, but when grace (and I) stopped smelling like spit up, I was actually a little sad! I got over it, but I know what ya mean!