Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Duped


Elie loves to play on the computer. She types messages to Nick on skype all day and she can navigate the sesame st. website like a pro. So for her birthday I thought I'd get her her first computer game. I spent 15- 20 minutes looking at all the kids games. I wanted something educational and age appropriate and get the most for my buck. They were all about the same price so I went for the one that offered the most. Apparently, this game was linked to an online set-up that offered even more options. All over the box it talked about all the games and that it "included a 3 month subscription" to the PBS kids play website. Well, a few weeks ago the game quit working so I called the number to see what was up. Apparently, the game is ONLY the three month subscription. To use anything after that costs $9.99 a month!!!!!! I was irate. I demanded my money back and was shot down because it oh so clearly says on the box what you are getting into. Well I shot him right back with a "well I am telling all my friends not to buy your stupid product" and a very intense hang up (cell phones take all the fun out of hanging up). So here it is, if you have any desire to buy your kids a computer game involving PBS kids play DO NOT! Learn from my mistake and go with the Dora.

1 comment:

peteandjenn said...

I hate stuff like this! I bought something from paul mccartney.com in march and STILL haven't gotten it. I called and emailed like 5 times and then yesterday wrote an email and told them they weren't cool. They just wrote me back, ha!