Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Birthday!














Another year older. I am amazed, indifferent and nostalgic about the fact that I am now 26. I can't believe all this time has passed without me even knowing. I remember Nick had a hard time with turning a quarter of a century. It wasn't as hard for me because I felt like I had plenty to show for my short 25 years on this planet (not that he didn't, but, you know) Now, I am closer to 30 than 20. Wow. I have never been huge on birthdays, never needed big parties or big presents. I prefer not to be the center of attention. This year was perfect. I had the best birthday I've had in a while. Nick got up super early and cleaned the kitchen that I didn't have time to clean the day before and ended the day by watching Pride and Prejudice with me. We met at the fountains in Corvallis for a picnic lunch and then walked around Corvallis with the best of friends for the whole rest of the day. Thanks Leslie- you are amazing. All in all- a great day.

No comments: