Tuesday, June 8, 2010

One of those days

This afternoon was chaos. Sitcom-worthy, stay-at-home-mom-cliche chaos. Burned fingers, burned muffin tins (no, not the actual muffins- just the tins), two pies, lots of tears, a dented frying pan, dishes everywhere, no counter space, five loads of unfolded clean clothes and a frantic attempt to get a hold of someone to bring dinner to me so I don't have to cook. What does Nick come home to? Dinner and smiles. He must think I am so dramatic when he sees all of that and then my don't-even-think-about-touching-me-face. Now the kids are in bed, dishes are done, pies are baked and I get to sit and eat a bowl of ice cream.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally hear you on the "don't even touch me face". I have that face on ALOT! LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha! Hope you enjoyed your ice cream :-)

Our great adventure said...

Oh my goodness! These THREE posts have me laughing out loud! You are so great. And I've had that happen too! Like the worst day ever and Josh comes home to peace and calm and everyone happy,,,,besides me.And I would have brought you dinner!!!