Friday, October 30, 2009

If you do not want to hear whinning and complaining, Stop Reading NOW.

We got home on Wednesday after being gone for an emotional, long week away. When I came home all I could think about was how much stuff I needed to do before the baby came and even prayed that God would give us a few days to readjust to life at home. Well, 7 loads of laundry, two clean bathrooms and a few trips to the store later and I am ready. Two more weeks. I should be thrilled that I am so close. I have made it through the last 38 weeks. I should be more optimistic, but all I can think is ug two more weeks. My whole body hurts. Poor Elie is definitely getting the short end of the stick. Today I fell asleep in her closet while she was playing with her dolls (not a good idea for a pregnant woman to fall asleep on the floor) and then 15 minutes later I was snoring away in her bed. (That was one was mostly her fault since she is the one who put me in there.) I am just lucky I have an amazing kid who can entertain herself for 15 minutes at a time and stay out of trouble for those brief intervals that I am unconscious. I am just so anxious to meet this little one. I want to know how much our lives will change and is this baby a boy or a girl? And what were we thinking not finding out the gender?!!? We were totally selfish and didn't even consider Elie. She is the most rock brained, single minded two year old I have ever met. She refuses to even consider the fact that this child could possibly be a boy. "I want it to be a girl, Momma" that is all I hear all day. If she even hears someone using the pronoun "he" she is quick to correct them. I only pray that if this child is a boy, Elie will fall so madly in love with him that she won't even care.

No comments: