Sunday, October 4, 2009

weekend away!

Nick and I got back from two nights away from Elie! It has been over a year since we have been able to get away for a few days and I needed it. Especially with the baby coming and this whole month being "hunting widow" month. I don't know when we will have a relaxing, family weekend before the baby. We had our lodgings for free (thanks to the Kikers) so we spent all our money on food! It was wonderful. We had Melting Pot fondue for dinner and then had a "chocolate bag" (exactly what it sounds like- a bag made of chocolate filled with white chocolate mousse and berries) afterwards. We hit Ikea, drove all over downtown Portland and ended Saturday night with Ragtime at Portland Center Stage. All in all it was relaxing (although my feet were KILLING me by Saturday night) and Elie and Larissa both made it through the weekend. I just hope that the month of October can go by quickly, but that we can all appreciate every minute of it.

No comments: